Protection of Metal & Concrete Structures
Cost & Time Efficient Solutions
Replacing structural steel or removing rust using conventional methods is not only expensive, but it can contaminate waterways and further risks are discovered when the existing & deteriorated coating is lead based.
In recent years Crystal Surface Protection Pty Ltd has been working with municipalities and sourcing new age products to offer economical and environmentally friendly alternatives. These alternatives can be approximately 70% cheaper than traditional methods, whilst the new specialized coatings offer equivalent protection that will extend their serviceable life at a fraction of the cost.
In recent years we have successfully treated various structures, saved our client’s money and extended the assets serviceable life. Crystal Surface Protection has researched, sourced & trialled different products and will provide best possible outcomes and tailored solutions for their clients. Once the old deteriorated coating is removed, a new coating system is applied as described below. The system offers protection to existing deteriorated assets and is aimed to achieve up to 200 micron DFT over 3 coats of protective coating.
Primer: The rust treatment doubles as a surface primer. It penetrates the entire surface and rusted areas, suffocating and stopping it from further development. This coating has 8 years uv stability when used independently and excellent adhesion properties.
Intermediate Coating: Reputable & compatibility tested zinc rich coating used as an intermediate coat to further block and seal the rust from continuing. The anti-corrosive intermediate coating is a 2 pack epoxy based and has excellent adhesion properties that will further protect the surface.
Top Coat: Proguard is a Polysiloxane Polyepoxy Resin based Coating which combines significant benefits including self-cleaning and chemical resistance properties. Proguard is VicRoads Approved and meets the standard for sections 685 & 686 for use as an anti-carbonation & anti-graffiti coating. (Refer to additional benefits of this Protective Decorative Coating).
- Cost effective, approximately 70% cheaper than conventional methods
- Environmentally controlled with low risk of contamination
- Daily Water Sampling and testing undertaken to ensure no contamination to waterways
- Rust Treatment has 8 years Uv stability when used independently
- Proguard will last for over 10 years and meets the requirements of Vic Roads Standards
- Provides cost effective alternatives to asset protection & preservation
- Additional benefits of Proguard include low maintenance, anti- graffiti and self-cleaning properties.
- Excellent adhesion between substrate and the coatings.